The West Side Health Care District is proud to announce the opening of the expanded West Side Family Health Care Clinic at 100 E. North Street in Taft. The Clinic expansion is the completion of a $9.5 million dollar, 13,000 s.f. construction project that will bring a state-of-the-art facility and equipment to provide Primary Care and walk-in patient care to the citizens of the Health Care District.
The General Contractor for construction is Bakersfield-based Superior Construction. The design is by IBIGroup Architects of Bakersfield. Fresno-based Kitchell CEM, Inc. provided Construction Management.
The District was formed in 1947 and opened West Side District Hospital in 1952. With the challenges facing rural hospitals in reimbursement and the recruiting of health care professionals, the Hospital was closed in 2003. The Hospital was later demolished. The District has provided Urgent Care services to the District since 2004. West Side Urgent Care Clinic in the current location was opened in 2010. In 2017 West Side Urgent Care became West Side Family Health Clinic, a federally Certified Rural Health Clinic focused on primary care while continuing to offer walk-in urgent care services.
The President of West Side Health Care District Board of Directors, Mr. Eric Cooper commented: “This investment of our reserved tax-support dollars and the generous support of an energy-based industry donation we are able to create this modern outpatient clinic for a higher level of primary health care for the citizens of the District.”
Gerald Starr, Executive Director of the District also commented: “Our new Clinic is a dramatic example of what can be accomplished with Board leadership, Community support and the hard work of the dedicated providers and employees of the Clinic and the District Office.”